Before making a final decision about a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as tummy tuck, the candidate should have a clear idea about various aspects of the surgery as well as the background of the operating surgeon. Well-informed patients are more confident about the procedure and are better place make the right decisions.
A committed surgeon will address all questions of the patient in an accurate and transparent way. Their first goal will be to educate the patient on all aspects of tummy tuck so that they can make a well-considered choice. Patients in Chicago, IL, and surrounding communities have an opportunity to receive tummy tuck surgery from board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained in plastic surgery, and how many years of experience do you have in this field?
- Have you previously performed tummy tuck surgery, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Which surgical venue would you recommend for my procedure?
- Are you affiliated with one of the local hospitals to perform tummy tuck?
- In the event of an emergency, will your office be equipped to deal with it?
- If the final results are not in accordance with what we both accepted, would you perform a revision procedure?
- What is general range of cosmetic procedures that you perform?
Questions about Tummy Tuck
- Do I make a suitable candidate for tummy tuck surgery?
- Is there a way to make the procedure less invasive or combine it with non-surgical treatments?
- Will I be required to make any dietary or lifestyle adjustments prior to the procedure?
- Would you recommend general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation to perform my surgery?
- Would you work with an anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist?
- Will the surgery involve overnight stay at the hospital?
- Are there any risks and complications in tummy tuck that I should know of?
- What will be the estimated downtime after the surgery?
- Can I have access to tummy tuck before and after pictures of earlier patients?
Questions about the Cost
- How much will it cost me to undergo tummy tuck surgery?
- Is your cost inclusive of anesthesia and operating room expenses?
- Would you charge additionally for any post-operative appointments?
- If I combine the tummy tuck procedure with other surgeries, will it make the overall procedure more cost-effective?
- Can the tummy tuck procedure be covered under insurance in certain circumstances?
- Can your office guide me about any financing options?
The patient should make the final decision about the tummy tuck procedure as well as the choice of the surgeon only after they have received satisfactory answer to all their doubts and concerns. A relationship of trust and open communication will go a long way to contribute to a successful outcome. Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Bloom receives patients from Chicago, IL, and other areas around the massive city of Chicago for tummy tuck surgery.