What is dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning leaves your face soft and smooth by removing the buildup of dead skin cells and vellus facial hair. It also facilitates better absorption of all your skin care products.
- This is a noninvasive way to exfoliate skin and shed the epidermis of fine vellus hair.
- Facial home care is an important time investment, and this service ensures that active ingredients in products are being delivered to cells that need it rather than being absorbed by dead skin cells and excess facial hair.
- Dermaplaning is a gentle, well tolerated procedure. It can even be ideal for guests with sensitive skin, sensitivities to product ingredients, and it can be performed during pregnancy.
- It is a mechanical rather than chemical exfoliation and is often performed during a facial or prior to a peel if recommended by your esthetician or medical provider.
- Dermaplaning is performed by your esthetician and can be booked as a stand alone treatment or, for maximum benefits, added to a facial treatment.
If you have fine vellus (peach fuzz) hair on your skin, this could make your skin appear dull or uneven. Cause your makeup to sit on top of your skin.
Plan for visit:
- Don’t wear heavy makeup
- Remove jewelry
Procedure and recovery:
- Procedure lasts 20-30 minutes
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Begins with cleansing of the skin
- Can also be added into a facial
- Skin Cancer
- Cold sores
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Open skin lesions
- Use of accutane currently or in the past six month
- The use of prescription retinol should not be used a week prior to treatment
Why Choose Bloom Plastic Surgery
Our dedicated team works closely with clients to design treatment plans and to select the best skincare products that will address concerns such as acne, fine lines and wrinkles, discoloration, rosacea, and more.
If you would like to learn more about the skin treatments we offer at Bloom Plastic Surgery and which services might be best for you, contact our office to schedule your consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you!