The face is a prominent part of the body which makes it important for the patient to consider any facial procedure judiciously. Facelift cosmetic surgery should ideally be undertaken by a highly trained and experienced surgeon only.
During the consultation process, the patient should talk frankly with the surgeon and clarify all their concerns regarding the facelift surgery. Detailed information on the procedure and the surgeon’s background will enable the patient to arrive at a well-considered decision.
Astute board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom provides facelift to patients in Chicago, IL, and surrounding communities and towns in this part of the Midwest.
Important Questions to Ask
Before the consultation appointment, the patient should enlist all questions that they have and carry it to the meeting with the surgeon. This list may include:
- Do you have board certification in plastic surgery? If yes, from which board?
- Are you a member of any national or local professional associations, such as ASPS?
- What number of years of training and experience do you have in the area of facelift surgery?
- What is the rate of satisfaction of the patients who have received facelift plastic surgery from you?
- Do you have hospital privileges at a local hospital or surgical center?
- What is the experience and background of the team members that will assist you with the surgery?
- Can I see you during every facelift surgery appointment at your office?
- Am I a suitable facelift surgery candidate?
- What is the most appropriate facelift surgery technique for my specific needs?
- Can I see facelift before and after images of past patients?
- Can I review testimonials of previous patients who have received facelift surgery from you?
- Can I meet one of your staff members to gain more familiarity with your office and team?
- Will the facelift surgery be performed using general or local anesthesia?
- Is your practice adequately equipped to handle a medical emergency?
- How long should the recovery take?
- How long should I wait before I can engage in rigorous activity such as walking my large dog around the neighborhood or rearranging the stuff in my garage?
- What is the time taken to complete the facelift surgery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with this procedure?
Questions about Costs
- What are the approximate costs of the facelift surgery?
- Does the cost estimate include pre and post-op expenses as well?
- How will the cost differential in case the procedure is undertaken at a surgical center, a hospital or a private surgical suite?
- Are the charges for the post-op consultations included in your fees as a plastic surgeon?
- Will the facelift be more cost-effective if I choose to undergo two or more procedures simultaneously?
- Can your administrative staff assist me with information on insurance and financing options?
Prior to the pre-operative consultation, the patient should go over the surgeon’s website. They can also check ratings and reviews on third-party websites regarding the surgeon and their practice.
Furthermore, the patient can also engage with previous facelift surgery patients on online forums to attain more insights on the facelift surgery from the perspective of another patient.
Focused cosmetic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom receives patients from Chicago, IL, and nearby areas for facelift surgery.