Before going ahead with a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as breast lift, a candidate should comprehend the procedure clearly and identify the best surgeon for her needs. Patients with full clarity and information will be better placed to make the right choices and will often achieve more satisfying final outcomes.
A dedicated surgeon will address all questions of the patient in proper detail, relieve her of any anxiety or doubt, and help her make a well-considered decision. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom provides breast lift to patients in Chicago, IL and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery, and if yes, from which board?
- How many years of training and experienced do you have in the area of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery?
- Have you performed breast surgeries before, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Would you perform my surgery at a hospital, an accredited surgical center or a private surgical suite?
- Do you have operating privileges at a hospital?
- Is your practice equipped to handle an emergency situation?
- Do you have an office policy about revision procedures?
Questions about Breast Lift
- Do I make a good candidate for breast lift?
- Will you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- How long will it take inside the operating room?
- Will I be able to go back home the same day after the surgery?
- Which breast lift incision technique would be more effective in my case?
- Can I have access to breast lift before and after photos to understand the potential results?
Questions about Recovery
- How long will be the recovery after my breast lift surgery?
- Are there any potential risks and complications that I should be aware of?
- When will I be able to go back to my workplace?
- How many post-operative appointments would I require?
- Are there any steps I can take to minimize the risk of post-surgical complications?
- Will I be able to become pregnant in the future, and can I breastfeed in future?
Questions about Costs
- How much will the breast lift surgery cost me?
- Are pre- and post-op expenses included in your cost estimate?
- Will you charge additionally for post-operative appointments?
- How much cost difference is made by the choice of surgical venue?
- Will it be more cost-effective if I combine breast lift with breast implants?
- Can breast lift procedure be covered by health insurance under certain circumstances?
- Will your office be able to guide me with regard to financing options?
To ensure that all pertinent issues are addressed during the breast lift consultation, the patient should ideally prepare a written list of questions in advance and carry it to the surgeon’s office for the appointment. She may also request for testimonials of past patients to understand things from their perspective.
Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom receives patients from Chicago, IL and other cities and towns in this part of the Midwest for a breast lift.