Breast augmentation is one of the major cosmetic surgery procedures that should be chosen after a careful deliberation. The patient should have a clear idea of the surgeon’s professional credentials and background, the type of surgical technique that will be used, the inherent risks and benefits involved, and the estimated recovery process after the surgery.
Once the patient is reasonably clear on all aspects of the surgery, she will feel more confident about going ahead with breast augmentation.
She should ideally have a prepared list of questions in advance, which she can carry to the surgeon’s office for the initial consultation. Board certified plastic surgeon = provides breast augmentation and various other cosmetic procedures to patients in Chicago, IL, and other cities and suburbs around this massive city in the Midwest.
Trust and Communication
Having a relationship of trust and open communication with the surgeon and sharing a good rapport with them will contribute to the final results of breast augmentation plastic surgery. Any major cosmetic procedure is a personal journey for a patient, and she will feel far more satisfied throughout the process if she has a solid relationship of trust with the surgeon and their team.
A dedicated surgeon will encourage the patient to freely ask questions and clear all her doubts and concerns before going ahead with the surgery. Some surgeons will also present breast augmentation before and after photos as well as testimonials of past patients to increase the familiarity of the patient with the procedure and the expected results.
Some of the important questions that a patient should ask during the pre-operative consultation for breast augmentation include:
- How many years of training and experience do you in the area of plastic and reconstructive surgery?
- Have you specifically performed breast surgery procedures previously, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- What type of anesthesia or sedation would you recommend for my surgery?
- Which surgical venue would be more suitable according to my needs for breast augmentation?
- Do you think I have reasonable expectations from this procedure?
- What will be the expected length of surgery inside the operating room?
- Would you recommend silicone or saline breast implants in my case?
- Are there any risks and complications involved in the surgery that I should know of in advance?
- How many years, on average, the breast implants will last?
- If there is an immediate implant failure after the surgery, would you perform a revision procedure?
- How long will it take for me to recovery after breast implant surgery, and how painful it is going to be?
- Will I require aftercare and for how long?
- Can I breastfeed in the future after this surgery?
- How visible would be the subsequent scarring?
- What will be the overall cost of breast augmentation surgery, including pre- and post-surgical expenses?
- Will I have access to you during the recovery period?
Dedicated and sagacious cosmetic surgeon Dr. Bloom receives patients from Chicago, IL, and nearby areas for breast augmentation.
For more information on procedures and treatments by Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon, Jacob Bloom, MD please call 312.549.8691 or contact us here. Taking new patients from in and around Chicago, IL.