January 26, 2022
Bloom Plastic Surgery receives “Gold Standard” accreditation
We are excited to share that we have received accreditation by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities. Bloom Plastic Surgery has met the standards of a CLASS A ambulatory surgery facility in which minor surgical procedures are performed under local, regional, or topical anesthesia.
Facilities accredited by AAAASF have taken additional steps to foster a safe environment for your health care. We had to pass a rigorous evaluation process and comply with 100 percent of their standards for patient safety.
Accreditation assures our clients that extra steps have been taken to promote patient safety. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative care to everyone we serve.
The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) was established in 1980 to standardize and improve the quality of health care in outpatient facilities. AAAASF accredits thousands of facilities world-wide. Physicians, clinicians, legislators, state/federal health agencies and patients acknowledge that AAAASF sets the “Gold Standard in Accreditation.”
- AAAASF holds outpatient and office-based facilities to hospital standards.
- AAAASF requires surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure they perform.
- AAAASF requires the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- AAAASF requires a safe and clean surgical environment that meets stringent standards.
- AAAASF requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data for thousands of individual cases.
- AAAASF works closely with facilities and provides help throughout the accreditation process.
- AAAASF champions patient safety worldwide and has for nearly 40 years.